Infographic on Trauma and PTSD: What Is It?

Thought you might find this infographic of interest. This resource is aimed specifically at the military community, however, causes and effects are applicable to the population in general. Women, adolescent boys, and girls make up 90% of the PTSD population, with veterans making up the other 10% (Bessel van der Kolk, 2010, Kripalu).  This photo is at the end of the infographic. But it does a good job over the causes, the population, and the affects. These are suggestions for treatment.  Of course, in addition to meditation we would add:  trauma-sensitive yoga!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Kanani Fong. Bookmark the permalink.

About Kanani Fong

Founder, WarRetreat.Org, devoted to helping with the aftermath of war through movement, breathe, and yoga. Army wife, long time mental health advocate, writer, specializing in military and veteran outreach for film and books. Projects include Restrepo, and High Ground.

Tell us what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s