While sorting through all of my “stuff” preparing for my move, I realized how many books I have. My mom asked me if I really need all of them and the truth is there is important tidbits in all of them. So in between sorting through my personal collection (which is almost worthy of a Hoarders episode), here are some awesome resources that I would recommend adding to your personal collection.
The list is a mix of yoga, trauma, and self-care books, websites and such. Feel free to look through the list and use what resonates with you:)
Learning About Trauma
*Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body and Society– Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
* Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook– Glenn Schiraldi
*The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment– Babette Rothschild
*Coping With Trauma: Hope Through Understanding- Jon G. Allen
* 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-Charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing– Babette Rothschild
* In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness– Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
* Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body– Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
* Overcoming Trauma through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body– David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper Ph.D.
* Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing-Yoga Journal and the Mind-Body Connection. Timothy McCall, M.D.
* Yoga Mind and Body– Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre.
* Posture of Meditation- Will Johnson
* Discovering the Body’s Wisdom– Mirka Knaster
* The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation– Thich Nhat Hanh
*Integrative Restoration: The Ancient Practice of Yoga Nidra for Easing Stress, Healing
Trauma and Awakening to your Timeless Presence– Richard Miller Ph.D.
*Resting in Stillness: Integrative Restoration – iRest Yoga Nidra Richard Miller Ph.D
Finding resources in your area: